New Tkabber 1.0 is released.
- Completely rewritten Tkabber internals
- Dropped Tcl/Tk 8.3 support. Now Tcl/Tk 8.4 is required
- Partial IPv6 support (requires Tcl/Tk 8.6)
- Switched from TclGPGME to TclGPG for encryption and signing
- Added new connection method BOSH (XEP-0124 and XEP-0206)
- Disabled SSLv2 and enabled TLSv1 TLS options
- Added user nicknames (XEP-0172) support.
- Updated the CAPTCHA forms (XEP-0158) support
- Added metacontacts (XEP-0209) support
- Implemented multiple proxy profiles
- Implemented remote controlling from a locally executed script
- Added new plugins: floatingcontact, poker
- Rewritten most plugins to support disabling and unloading on the fly
- A few interface enhancements (search in MUC affiliations lists, proxy management)
- Many fixes and enhancements
Windows users might consider installing a ready to work all-in-one package—Tkabber-Pack 1.0.