Tkabber-Pack is an "all-in-one" installer for Windows (2000 through Vista). You don't need anything besides it to run full-blown Tkabber.
Grab Tkabber-Pack 0.11.1, rev.1 for Windows (3.8 megabytes).
Note that Tkabber-Pack 0.11.1 consists of several free software packages distributed under various licenses and Tkabber-Pack itself is licensed under GNU GPL. Please consider these licenses if you intend to modify and/or redistribute this software. Full texts of all the relevant licenses will be available in the "doc\licenses" subdirectory of the installation folder after Tkabber-Pack is installed.
Please read the post-installation notes the installer will show you — this will prevent some of the problems you might encounter when making your first steps in Tkabber.
Tkabber-Pack 0.11.1 includes:
- Tkabber 0.11.1;
- Tcl/Tk runtime:
- Tcl/Tk 8.5.5;
- Tcllib 1.10;
- BWidget 1.8;
- Tcl/Tk extensions:
- tls 1.6 (statically linked with OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007) — SSLv3/TLS support;
- Img 1.3 — support for additional image formats such as PNG and JPEG;
- Snack 2.2.10 — support for sound;
- tclmore 0.71b1 and ztcl 1.0b4 (dynamically linked with zlib 1.2.3, included) — support for stream (traffic) compression;
- udp 1.0.8 — support for UDP DNS queries;
- Winico 0.6 — support for system notification area (tray) icon;
- tclWinidle 0.2 — support for auto-away feature in Windows 9x series;
- Trf 2.1 — fast implementation of several number-crunching algorithms such as base64 used for file transfer, etc.
- Memchan 2.2.1 — support "in-memory I/O channels" used to read JISP archives with emoticons and pixmaps.
- vfs 1.3 — support for "mounting" various resources as filesystems. Also used to work with JISP archives.
Standard external plugins
Starting from version 0.11.0 Tkabber Starpack contains all the standard external plugins pre-packaged, but none of them is activated by default (because they're plugins, after all).
To activate a plugin, you have to enable it. To do so activate the Services → Add/remove plugins main menu entry and you will be presented with the plugin manager.
Tkabber-Pack build environment is available here.
The development of the build environment framework is done here.